Our Sleep Clinic Services
The West Ottawa Sleep Centre (WOSC) is an Independent Health Facility (IHF) licensed under the College of Physicians and Surgeons (CPSO). Every 5 years the College’s IHF staff selects an assessment team. The team is composed of a specialty-specific peer physician, and a technologist or nurse depending on whether the assessment is of a diagnostic and/or an ambulatory/surgical facility. For more information regarding the CPSO's review process refer to the Independent Health Facility website. WOSC was last reviewed November 2013. Click here to a review of the IHF's 27 page report.
To provide feedback to our Chief Technologist and Physicians, please complete a Patient Satisfaction Survey
Our Services: We offer our services to adults, adolescents (13-17yrs)
As of March 2021 WOSC will no longer be seeing Pediatric patients between the ages of 7-12
Overnight Sleep Studies:
- Diagnostic Test
- Therapeutic Test (PAP testing currently NOT being performed due to COVID-19)
Daytime Sleep Studies:
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (an assessment of alertness)
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (an assessment of sleepiness)
- Daytime Diagnostic Test for shift-workers
- Portable Home Sleep Study Adult only ($250.00) subject to change
- Actigraphy ($100.00) subject to change
- Home Overnight Oximetry ($25.00) subject to change
Bi Annually members of our staff travel up to Nunavut to perform portable sleep studies on residence of Iqaluit NU.
**"MATRx is a remote-controlled, oral appliance titration study performed in the sleep lab that produces results enabling physicians to confidently prescribe oral appliance therapy that will be efficacious."